Monday, October 1, 2012

Focus



Is life supposed to be like this,
Is there supposed to be so many tears?
Am I supposed to hurt so bad and have so many fears?
If You are the Light of the World,
Why do you seem so dim?
I long for things to go so right,
Instead of being grim.
And so I work & work with all my might,
And try to do everything just right.
I'll fix this if it's the last thing I do,
Even if I have to put it ahead of You.
The light grows dimmer, it's dark as night.
Where are you Lord, No solution is in sight.

The wicked one came and destroyed my work,
Around every corner he seemed to lurk.
I seemed no match for this mighty foe,
I was trapped and had no where to go.
He raised his sword for one final blow…

*Then I cried out - JESUS SAVE ME! *

The enemy froze with great surprise,
I could hardly believe my eyes.
He turned and ran in enormous fright,
Behind me glowed a faint dim light.
I turned around and who did I see?
It was Jesus - I fell down to my knees.
Jesus, why is your light so dim?

* My light is not dim, you just can't see, He said. *
* Help me to see, I said *
* Focus on Me and not "me", He said *

And with that scales fell from my eyes -
It was no longer dim.
This whole time my eyes were looking at me,
Instead of on Him.
It was no longer dark, it was shining bright.
There wasn't a single shadow in sight.
He said, Now what is it that you want me to do?
Ask and I'll do it for you.

And He did everything that I hadn't been able to do.
He said, With my strength, nothing is impossible for you.
All I ask is that you put me first,
Then you will never need clothing, go hungry, or thirst.
Love others as I love them, do not hold a grudge.
Be quick to forgive, and never too prideful to budge.
Remember, I suffered and died though you betrayed me, too.
Show the same grace and mercy to others, as I've shown to you.

* Now go and save the lost, heal the sick, and cast out devils in My name *

And now when I use His name, Demons turn and run,
I don't use my strength, but the strength of the Son.
I've laid my hurts and fears at the foot of the cross,
And turned my attention to help others and save the lost.
He has promised to restore all that was once taken away,

I look forward to that soon coming day.

By MJ Huebert

No comments:

Post a Comment